Fresh Blueberry Muffins
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup melted butter, salted If using unsalted butter, add 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries Wild blueberries are best.
- Stir together dry ingredients and add in blueberries.
- Combine egg, milk and melted butter in a separate bowl. Stir into flour and blueberry mixture, just to moisten. Do not beat.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- For an extra special treat, add grated orange or lemon rind before cooking. While hot, dip in melted butter and sugar.