Avocado Guacamole Salad
- 1 avocado, large or two small
- 1 tomato
- 1 green onion
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper For an extra special treat, use Lebanese pepper
- First, we will prepare all of our ingredients before combining them together in a bowl.
- Chop avocado into small cubes. Cut them smaller if serving in bite sized portions. Place into a bowl.
- Dice tomato and set aside in a separate bowl to drain excess juice.
- Chop green onion, including white and green parts. If large, slice them lengthwise before chopping. Set aside.
- Cut jalapeno in small cubes. Set aside.
- Chop cilantro leaves.
- Add tomato, green onion, jalapeno and cilantro to avocado bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lime.
- Season liberally with salt & pepper. Add more lime, salt or pepper to your liking.
- Mix to combine. Serve with tortillas, toast or a fried egg on top.
- An alternative presentation is a deconstructed avocado salad. Layer each ingredient, on on top of the other and serve.