Classic Banana Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, salted If using unsalted butter, add 1/4 tsp salt to dry ingredients.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup ripe bananas, mashed Approximately 3 – 4 bananas.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup greek yogurt (Optional)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup walnuts
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Butter should be softened at room temperature to allow it to mix properly.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until light. Add to sugar mixture.
- Mash bananas and add lemon juice. Blend with creamed mixture.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt (omit if using salted butter) and mix with banana mixture.
- Mix together until just combined.
- Add walnuts.
- Bake in greased loaf pan (or lined with parchment paper).
- Bake at 375C for 1 1/4 hours.