French Lentil Soup
A delicious, hearty & healthy plant-based soup to warm you up on cooler days.
- 1 1/4 cups french lentils
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped (approximately 2-3 medium onions)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (optional—but delicious)
- Heat oil in a large casserole pot or french oven. Add celery, carrots, onions and garlic. Saute until brown, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils and tomatoes. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer until lentils are tender, approximately 30 to 40 minutes.
Blend & serve
- To create the perfect lentil soup texture, blend half of the soup (mostly solids) and return puree to the pan. Mix together and watch your beautiful lentil soup come together.
- Serve in bowls. Season with freshly cracked salt & pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinegar. Bon appetit!